Volunteers assist at the Hall as a friendly face of the Museum, engaging visitors, answering practical questions, assisting in gallery areas & exhibitions, helping with regular and ad-hoc events and generally being warm and helpful.
We are looking for people who can regularly volunteer, ideally at least one shift per month. The Museum is open seven days a week 11am to 4pm and we appreciate help from 2hours to all day.
You could get involved in any of the below (depending on your interests!)
- Provide information on our exhibitions and activities, as well as helpful directions to our different galleries and facilities.
- Maintaining areas- light cleaning, clearing away items
- Present a welcoming and professional image to all visitors
- To maintain vigilance and awareness with regards the collection for conservation and security purposes
- Running activity sessions, putting out activities, supervising activities and packing away
- Backmarking heritage tours
- Supporting with hands on history / object handling sessions
The skills you need
- Have enthusiasm for history and museums and keen to learn
- Reliable with good time-keeping skills
- Have a flexible approach to working alone or as part of a team
- Friendly, outgoing personality, greeting all visitors with a smile
- Health and Safety aware
What’s in it for you
- Learn more about Wollaton Hall and our collections
- Spend time at one of England’s finest Elizabethan country houses
- Get invites to volunteer social events
- Get discounts in our café and shop
- Learn new skills and gain confidence in a work environment
If you have any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org