Do you have passion for heritage and museums, who enjoys working with and talking to people and are confident in taking responsibility for a small group of volunteers? Have you got a day or two a week free? If so, read on.
We are looking for a couple of people who can work alongside management to help lead the volunteer team working at Wollaton Hall, as we develop and grow the team.
Our Head Volunteers work with site management to ensure our volunteer programme runs smoothly and volunteers are well inducted and supported during their time with us. We have a wonderful team of volunteer who support the hall in various ways (from engaging the public with exhibitions, showing of our glorious Tudor kitchens, supporting with arts and crafts activities, to object handling) and you will support all of these and more!
What you be doing
- Supporting staff with various tasks, such as interviewing potential volunteers, selecting, and running induction sessions (we will provide the training)
- Being a friendly face to new volunteers – giving ongoing support and helping them feel part of the team.
- Supporting volunteers on site (i.e. during first shifts, special events etc.)
- Supporting the site Manager on a day to basis, ensuring the site runs smoothly and volunteer team are appropriately rostered to support
- Supporting with admin tasks (remotely and on site)
- Assisting with recruitment days and outreach work
The skills you need
- Have enthusiasm for arts, heritage and museums and willingness to learn more about Wollaton Hall
- Excellent communication skills
- Be committed to the idea of volunteering and to being part of a fully diverse workforce
- Have enthusiasm for arts, heritage and museums and willingness to learn
- Ability to provide a warm friendly welcome to all visitors as the public face of the site
- Good availability at the weekends
What’s in it for you
- Become part of our friendly and dedicated team
- We offer training and ongoing support
- Gain valuable experience for your cv
- An opportunity to learn more about Wollaton Hall, alongside behind the scenes aceess at Wollaton
- Opportunity to gain experience of management, heritage sites and programmes
Want to get involved?
On average expect to spend about 4 hours a week in this role minimum.