Interested in the Tudors and being part of a team at Wollaton Hall?
Engage with visitors in the Tudor kitchens to help them understand about the lives of the people involved in the story of Wollaton Hall and Deer Park.
Why we want you
Our small team of volunteers in our tudor kitchens help visitors understand and empathise with the lives of the people who worked at Wollaton and to share their stories.
Ideally you will be able to commit to at least one full day a month (on weekends) on a regular basis.
What you will be doing
- Be friendly, warm and welcoming to visitors who will enjoy asking you questions about the hall and the tudor era
- Oversee various activities in the kitchens that the public can take part in
- Attend regular training sessions in a wide variety of topic areas, gaining new skills along the way
The skills you need
- Have an interest in a specific time period/s and feel confident in speaking with members of the public about our buildings, objects, and life at that time
- Ability to work in a team and take guidance from staff, being flexible in your approach to work and able to deal with busy situations
- Good communication skills, in particular you need to enjoy interacting with children and families
What’s in it for you
- Volunteering can help increase your confidence, provide social interaction and vital skills to help you into or back into employment if you wish
- Chance to share your passion for history with the public
- Being part of a friendly team
- An opportunity to learn more about Wollaton Hall
- Spend your time in the fascinating Tudor Kitchens at Wollaton Hall
You can choose to do this role in costume. The wearing of reproduction costume is a personal choice and dependent on what we have in stock at any time.
Want to get involved?
If you have any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org