Interested in the Tudors and being part of a team at Wollaton Hall?
Engage with visitors in the Tudor kitchens to help them understand about the lives of the people involved in the story of Wollaton Hall and Deer Park, whilst in reproduction costume.
Why we want you
Our small team of role play volunteers use costumed role play to help visitors understand and empathise with the lives of the people who worked at Wollaton and to share their stories.
Please note you are are not expected to play a character or act as such, but will use costume as way to engage and bring the space to life, talking as yourself.
Ideally you will be able to commit to at least one full day a month (on weekends) on a regular basis.
What you will be doing
- Be friendly, warm and welcoming to visitors who will enjoy asking you questions
- Accurately portray the life and costume of your chosen time period
- Attend regular training sessions in a wide variety of topic areas, gaining new skills along the way
- Please note you are not expected to play a character or act!
The skills you need
- Have an interest in a specific time period/s and feel confident in speaking with members of the public about our buildings, objects, and life at that time
- Ability to work in a team and take guidance from staff, being flexible in your approach to work and able to deal with busy situations
- Good communication skills, in particular you need to enjoy interacting with children and families
- No experience in drama is necessary, just enthusiasm to learn about history and an enjoyment for the performing arts
- Happy to wear authentic replica costume
- Have a willingness to research and develop your character
What’s in it for you
- Volunteering can help increase your confidence, provide social interaction and vital skills to help you into or back into employment if you wish
- Chance to share your passion for history with the public
- Being part of a friendly team
- An opportunity to learn more about Wollaton Hall
- Spend your time in the fascinating Tudor Kitchens at Wollaton Hall
Want to get involved?
If you have any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org