We are not recruiting to this role at present – email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
Do you enjoy story telling? We offer storytelling sessions to visiting families and you could help us.
Our storytellers provide story sessions of 20 minutes duration engaging with families with pre-school age children with various art works on display. Stories can be linked to the theme of the specific paintings/pictures/exhibits within the gallery.
- Provide inspired storytelling and story inspired activities for pre-school children involving parents/carers using scripts.
- Create your own stories linked to the paintings/exhibits on display in specific gallery spaces
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work in a team and take guidance from staff, being flexible in your approach to work and able to deal with busy situations
- A good imagination and ability to hold an audience
- An interest in drama (not essential)
- Good communication skills, in particular you need to enjoy interacting with children and families
- You need to be at least 18 to apply for this role.
When: Storytelling runs every Sunday from 1-3pm and consists of 3 x 20 minutes sessions. Commitment: you would be expected to commit to at least one shift per month on an ongoing basis.
Benefits in volunteering with us
- You will receive accredited training on storytelling craft from a professional storyteller.
- Volunteering can help increase your confidence, provide social interaction and vital skills to help you into or back into employment if you wish
- Free tea and coffee whilst on site
- Reasonable travel expenses paid, free parking.
- 10% discount in the shops and café