We are not recruiting to this role at present – email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.
Do you love wildlife and heritage and want to be part of helping others understand it better?
The Park Rangers will enhance visitor experience through increased engagement and information about the Park, their wildlife, heritage and management.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wanting to share their passion for parks and wildlife through engagement, whilst contributing to the protection of these precious parklands.
- Helping people to enjoy the park and appreciate its many special qualities, encouraging people to think positively and act responsibly toward the site and its wildlife
- Raising awareness of wildlife protection issues, such as the importance of not disturbing wildlife, or getting too close to the deer
- Patrolling the site, assisting with litter picking along the way
- Assisting with various ad hoc task days/events as required
Skills and Experience:
- Enthusiasm for Wollaton Park and gardens
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic
- Confident communicator
- Physically able to access uneven ground and often-heavy vegetation
- Self-reliant and able to undertake duties in all weather
When: During the pilot phase of this project, we will be rostering volunteers during our busy times – school holidays (February half term, Easter, Summer, October half term and Christmas) anytime between hours of 11am- 4pm.
Benefits in volunteering with us:
- Volunteering can help increase your confidence, provide social interaction and vital skills to help you into or back into employment if you wish
- Free tea and coffee whilst on site